How to Format Flashdisk – Do you want to erase all data on the flash but can’t because the flash is infected with a virus? Then you need to practice how to format this flash.
Generally people do the flash format with file exploler. But besides using file exploler we can also format flash using cmd.
This method is usually used if our flash drive is damaged or affected by protected writing.
Because sometimes we connect flash to computers that might be infected with a virus.
So with the flash format, various viruses attached to this data will also be deleted.
For some people who are used to the computer world for formatting flash is common.
But for some who are still learning to use a computer may not know how to format the flash correctly.
Before that, it would be nice to recognize various options or sections in formatting.
See also: How to Speed up IDM
This is so that when formatting we do it correctly and correctly.
How to Format Flashdisk: Format Flashdisk
Here we will discuss what parts are in flashdisk format.
NTFS (New Technology File System)
Is a system that can only work on Windows operating systems. If we choose this file system format. So we cannot use flash on other operating systems such as Mac and Linux.
But with this disadvantage there is another advantage that NTFS has no file size limit. So if we want to send a file with a size large enough. Then we can choose the file system format on this one.
FAT32 (File Allocation Table 32)
Very commonly used file system. Because this file system supports all operating systems both Windows, Linux, Mac, and various other operating systems.
This file system format is also commonly used in flashdisks as a medium such as to play songs in a car and so on.
But with this advantage FAT32 has the disadvantage of having a file size limit of 4GB. Therefore, using this one file format. We could not save files larger than 4GB.
This file system format has no file size limit. This format also works on Mac and Windows.
But to use it on Linux we need the help of an application to be able to read it. For this one format is still rarely used.
How to Format a Secure Flashdisk
Through File Exploler
For the first way is the most commonly used method for formatting flash.
See also: How to Get Rid of Positive Internet on Mobile
How to format write protected flashdisk:
- Make sure the flash is connected to the computer
After the flash is successfully connected correctly. Then.
- right click on the flash
Next to format right click on the flashdisk then select the Format option.
- Click the Start button to
If the settings are considered appropriate, click the Start button to begin the formatting process.
- Wait until the formatting process is complete
If a warning appears, click OK. Wait until the formatting process is complete. Format duration is influenced by many factors. Such as flash quality, flash size, computer quality, data contained in flash, and format options.
- Click OK.
When the format is complete, a notification will appear informing us that the formatting process was successful. Click OK.
Flashdisk format Via CMD
The process of formatting using this method is quite complicated when compared to the first method. But we can use this method if the method above is not successful we use. In general, flash format using CMD is used if the flash has errors or damage such as experiencing Write Protected.
How to format a flash with cmd:
- Connect the flash to our laptop.
- After that run CMD with Administrator access.
- After the CMD Display appears do the following command “diskpart” then press Enter.
- After that, type “list disk” then press Enter. This command functions so that the CMD displays all the disks on our computer including the flash.
- In this step we must carefully choose which disk is our flashdisk. Because if we choose the wrong one our hard drive will be formatted. Enter the command select disk #. # here we will fill in accordance with the disk where our flashdisk is located. If our flashdisk is on Disk 1 then enter the command select disk 1 then press Enter.
- Before formatting, make sure the disk we choose is correct. Then enter the clean command then Enter. Wait until it is said that DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk where this paper shows that the flash format was successful.
- There are still next steps. Enter the command for the primary partition then press Enter.
- Then write the command select partition 1 .
- Then type active to activate the partition.
- Then we will format in format NTFS and give a name. Write the format command FS = NTFS label = “HH” – drive quick previous. Change word “HH“With the desired flash name. How to format flash on a laptop
- Finally type the command assign letter = N to provide a driver letter. Change writing “N” with the desired letter.
- When that then type exit to get out of diskpart ultility or can immediately close the CMD.
See also: How to Use Mi Drop
Now that’s the way to format your flasdisk which is safe, good and right, good luck, Thank you
Format the flash is to delete all data on the flash until it’s completely empty / clean
connect the flash to the computer> right click on the flash partition> then select the format.
It is very safe if you follow the instructions in this article