Windows 10 is the operating system made by Microsoft that is most widely used today. As the latest OS, Windows 10 routinely provides updates either in the form of small updates or major updates or often also called feature updates. To update Windows 10 to the latest feature update version, the methods that can be used will be discussed in this article.
You need to update Windows 10 regularly just to ensure that your laptop is always safe because of bugs and definitions of malware and viruses that are always updated. This update is usually only to get small updates like bug fixes, not to get new features. This small update will not change the version of Windows 10, but only change the build course.
To get new features released by Windows 10, then you have to do a major update or feature update. Feature updates on Windows 10 will give you something new that is not available in previous versions of Windows 10. Something new can be in the form of adding new features or changing or changing the visual design of Windows 10. Unfortunately, there are still many who feel confused how to get the major update or Windows 10 feature update. (Also read: How to Delete Old Windows Folders After a Windows Upgrade)
How to Update Windows 10 to the Latest Feature Update Version
Major updates or Windows 10 feature updates are usually available and can be obtained by Windows 10 users twice a year. Windows 10 feature updates can be obtained by users every April-May and September-October. As said before, this feature update will provide new features and appearance design changes, not just bug fixes. So, if you are a user who is always waiting for new features of Windows 10, then please check for updates in those months.
To update Windows 10 to the latest feature update version can actually be done using several methods. In this article, we will give you two ways you can choose which one to use.
1. Perform a Major Windows 10 Update Through Windows Update
The first way you can do to update Windows 10 to the latest version is through Windows Update. You can find and use Windows Update through Settings in Windows 10. To update the feature update using the first method, then please follow the steps below.
- Make sure the Laptop or Desktop PC that you are using is connected to the internet network. It is recommended not to use cellular data quota, because the file to be downloaded is large.
- Please open the Settings in Windows 10 that you are using, the way is to click on the Start Menu then click Settings.
- In the main window Settings, please click Update & Security.
- On page Windows Update that appears, please click Check for updates to check for existing updates.
- If a major update or feature update is available, then under the button Check for updates it will appear Featured update to Windows 10. To download and install the Windows 10 major update, please click Download and install.
- Please wait until the Windows 10 feature update download process is complete. This process will usually take about 30 minutes, depending on the internet speed you use.
- If the download feature update process is complete, then you need to restart the laptop to install the downloaded updates. If you want to install it right away, then please click Restart now.
- If your laptop has restarted, the update installation process will take place. The laptop will restart several times during the installation of feature updates. This process can take 3-4 hours, depending on the speed of your laptop, so please wait until it’s finished.
- If the installation of feature updates in Windows 10 is complete, then your laptop will restart and can be used as before.
If the major update process or installation of this feature update is complete, then please check your version of Windows 10. You can find that the version of Windows 10 has been updated from the previous version.
2. Perform a Major Update on Windows 10 Using the Media Creation Tool
The second way you can do to update Windows 10 to the latest version is to use the Media Creation Tool software. This software is usually used to download the latest Windows 10 ISO files, but can also be used to get major Windows 10 updates.
How to do the second way is also very easy, but of course you must have the software first. To be more clear, please follow the following steps.
- Make sure the laptop or computer that you are using is already connected to the internet network. Please note that the file to download will be large, so it is recommended to use WiFi Unlimited.
- Make sure you already have the Media Creation Tool software, if you don’t already have it, please click here to download it.
- After you download, please immediately run the Media Creation Tool software. You can run it directly without installing because the software is portable.
- On the first page of the software, please click Accept.
- On the next page, please click and select an option Upgrade this PC now to update Windows 10 to the latest version.
- When finished, please click Next to proceed to the next stage.
- After that, the download process will take place, please wait for it to finish.
- When finished, please click Install it to install the latest Windows 10.
- Your laptop will restart several times during the update process.
If the update process is complete, then your laptop will be able to be used again as before.
That’s the easy way to update Windows 10 to the latest feature update version. Please use this method if you want to get new features from Windows 10 whenever there is a feature update. Thus, your Windows 10 will always be updated and not outdated.