Folder is a place to hold files, other folders, and also shortcut application to be more organized and neat. Usually the folder is used to store similar files to be more easily found when needed. When you create a folder in Windows, by default it will be visible and accessible to anyone who uses that computer. But, you can also hide folders that have been created on a Windows Laptop using the following method.
There are several reasons that make Windows Laptop users usually hide one or several folders. For example, because these folders are important and confidential so they should not be seen by just anyone. Or, you want to hide a folder on a Windows Laptop just because the folder is annoying if it’s displayed and rarely used.
Whatever your reason for wanting to hide a folder on a Windows Laptop, this method can be done very easily. You can hide folders and their contents without having to use special software. This is of course because the Windows operating system already provides many features, including features to hide folders. So, it can be easily hide folders that may be sensitive so they are not seen by people who borrow your laptop. (Also read: How to Add Files, Folders, Programs to the Windows Start Menu)
How to Hide a Folder on a Windows Laptop
As said before that you can easily hide the folder on a Windows Laptop using the following method. You can do this step if you have a folder that contains sensitive files so that it will not be easily found by others. To hide a folder on a Windows Laptop, please follow the steps below.
- Please right-click on the folder you wish to hide, then on the options that appear please click Properties.
- In the window Properties that appears, please clear the checkbox Read-only so that the folder can be modified.
- After that, please check the checkbox Hidden to hide the folder.
- If all you have set, please click Apply to apply the changes that have been made.
- In the window Confirm Attribute Changes, please click on the option Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files to hide folders and files in it as well.
- Finally, please click Ok to finish setting and close the window.
After you complete the steps above, the folder that you hide will no longer appear in File Explorer. Thus, the files contained in it will also be hidden so it is not easily found by others.
Showing Hidden Folder
After you hidden a folder on a Windows Laptop, then of course you want to open the folder again someday. To reopen the folder must be made visible first. To display the foder that was previously hidden, please follow the following steps.
- Please open File Explorer on your laptop, then open the partition or folder where the hidden folder is located.
- In the window File Explorer, please click the tab View to display the view menu.
- In the options that appear, please check the checkbox Hidden items to show all hidden folders and files.
After that, the folder that you previously hid will be seen again and can be accessed. To hide it again, just uncheck the checkbox Hidden items the.
That’s the easy way to hide folders and their contents on a Windows Laptop. This method can be done on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10. Please use this method if you have a folder that contains sensitive files that are considered necessary to hide.